Milkshake Monday

Happy Monday!

Sunday I went to Iowa City to finally shoot with Focal Points By Frankie they have been doing both a Tiki (and Tiki after hours) and Old Hollywood set for the past month and I finally jumped on the bandwagon to shoot with them! I'll be sharing my proofs when I get them :) 

Today, I am sharing my milkshake sign remake if you remember last week, I shared my Target Haul of vintage ice cream/milkshake items you know I hauled this sign:



As much as I love pink, I really wasn't feeling the color so I decided to repaint it. 

I took painter's tape to cover both sides of the image:



My original idea was to use Crayola washable paint which did not take well after numerous coats. I finally bought acrylic and was impressed that it took less coats (lesson learned) here is what it looks likes as I remove the tape:


And with all the tape removed:



I was impressed how much brighter it looked and how everything "pops" now.  Here is my new display:


This display makes me smile every time I walk by it!

Always putting the E in Extra,

Miss Mag Nificent 

Comments

Popular Posts