Growing up with Elvis

Yesterday was the anniversary of the passing of Elvis Presley.



Before I got into pinup/vintage, I grew up with listening to Elvis because my mom is a huge fan. He over the years has grown on me too. I would waltz around the living room to "Teddy Bear" with my stuffed bears. I'd watch Elvis movies on TCM, etc. I've read books on Elvis throughout the years too and I have been currently. The more I've gotten into pinup, the more I appreciated Elvis and his music a whole lot more.

If you're an oldie but goldie, you know have written about Elvis on here before. I don't always remember to post on his birthday, etc. I am trying to be better at that going forward :)

In Graceland, August 9-17th is known as Elvis Week 

There is various events leading up to the anniversary of his passing which is on August 16th. On the night of the 15th, there is candle light vigil at Graceland where you can walk up the driveway to Elvis's grave site and back in silent remembrance. Also you can travel to Tupelo, MS you can visit his birthplace, etc.

I hope one day I can visit Graceland!

Always putting the E in Extra,

Miss Mag Nificent


Comments

Popular Posts