Whatever Wednesday: August Thrift/Garage Sale Haul

I've decided to do a monthly thrift hauls as opposed to monthly favorites. Sometimes I don't have anything to share for the month. I may or may not have anything but I know that I can thrift monthly and I went to a couple garage sales last Friday and also Goodwill so I am going to share!

There was a church in Valley Nebraska that has an annual garage sale and we've always gone on Saturdays and I never have much luck (I got my couch there last year!) so we went on a Friday and I had WAY more luck so here is my haul:




From left to right: The first two items were from a garage sale I stopped at first when I drove by on Friday. It's Cucumber Melon Bath and Body Works body spray and lotion! Now usually I don't buy beauty productions from Goodwill or Garage Sales but.... this is Cucumber Melon which was my scent in the 90's I had Cucumber Melon everything! It was re-released this year but I missed out. So I was so excited to find these for a buck a piece!

Next at the church garage sale I found these sunglasses cases since I have a collection of them they were a quarter a piece it has a clip to attach to your purse, etc which is perfect.

Upper left, is a cute little red purse which I now I have three red little clutches/purse. But it does have a vintage vibe to it not sure the label but it has a middle compartment for my cell phone but it won't sore much and then it has a gold clasp to it.

Upper right is a pink trinket box which I think I am going to repaint and add a new knob to it. But it's really cute and a great size.

In the middle is another travel sized bag but this one is brand new (it still had the tissue paper inside) has a zipper pocket with a handle. I got it because it reminded me of Victoria's Secret but it's from Avon so it's be perfect for travel or whatever!

Last item I got at the garage sale was this red hat:



It's from E Bay and it looks like it's one of those Red Hat Society ones but I love the style of it reminds of Sabrina or Audrey Hepburn.

Now onto Goodwill!

I only got three items (shocking I know) but since I did so well at the Garage sale I didn't want to overdo it.


This book is called Luckiest Girl Alive this is by a former Cosmo Editor Jessica Knoll she used to write a blog for Cosmo that was a Pizza blog? I can't remember for sure but she left Cosmo to write this book and it's been on my list for quite sometime so I was really excited to get it!

Then I found two wiggle dresses. Both are quarter sleeves which the weather is starting to cool down so these will be perfect for the fall:


This dress is has a 60's Mod Style to it black and white with a touch of mint :)


The other one has a 70's stile to it but is super cute too and has a key hold at the top. Both of these dresses are made of the stretchy nylon and fits great! But I love both of these style of dresses!


That's it for this haul until the next time!

XO,

Mags 

Comments

Popular Posts