M is for Movies

For K click here

For L click here


I have been going back and forth with letter M. I was going to write a really long post about Pin Up must haves but then I started to think it would be too much then I began to think about movies that inspire my style so without further ado....

M is for Movies

These Movies inspire my vintage, Pinup, and rockabilly style:



Brooklyn I simply adore this movie it takes place in the 50's so post WWII so it definitely has a retro vibe to it!



Cry Baby This has to be my all time favorite! If you want a rockabilly movie this would be it.  Of course it has inspired a line by Traci Lords for Pinup Girl Clothing.



Grease Another classic movie. I watch this over and over and never tire of it. Plus Erstwilder came out with Grease brooches!! I may have snagged one! Post on that later this week!


Hairspray I love this movie! This is based in the 60's but the dresses and style is on point.



Frankie and Annette- This is a movie collection of all Frankie and Annette movies. But you can see how interesting the styles were. Fun Fact: While Annette was in Mickey Mouse Club she had to cover up so she couldn't wear a two piece (she does later on)



La La Land- I know this is more of a modern day movie but I love the dresses Emma Stone wears are fantastic!



What are some of your favorite movies?

XO,

Mags 

Comments

Popular Posts