From brooch board to a wreath

I can't believe today is August 31st. Summer is officially over!!! *whomp whomp* I am a tad sad about it HOWEVER Nebraska football starts Saturday (holla!) and I am ready for Halloween! Plus this month is going to be busy anyways! Plus this is taking place of Fashion Friday this week!

This post I meant to do in July but failed (again whomp whomp)

And now August is done after today so...... I am sharing it now.

As you know, I made a ribbon flag for July and I had some extra anchor material from my ribbon flag and I bought some white on a whim (it's only 97 cents) plus I had this cardboard anchor from another wreath I did last year so it was time to do an upgrade. I did end up having to buy more material though and then later I found another smaller hoop #firstworldproblems so that maybe another wreath in the future.

Also did a another brooch upgrade which I still have share that too (soon!)

Here's the hoop after I removed the brooches with the fat corners I believe they're called?



Pretty simple process as you know, cut the material into strips and tie:



All the way around the hoop. You can watch a movie while you do this :)

The cardboard anchor had a little bit of wear but still in good shape so no need to repaint it:



Since I cleaned my studio I found all my supplies which was blue ribbon which I looped through the anchor and then another strand for hanging:



It's a tad longer than I would have liked but, I have left it up through the summer and maybe I will do a back to school design? School has already started (but I just finished my semester!!) Maybe while I have been on vacation I will have done some crafty epic-ness!!





See you next week!

XO,

Mags  

Comments

Popular Posts