Vintage Love: Hollywood Candy

Last weekend was a vintage filled weekend (are there any other kind?). Friday was Junkstock and the library book sale. Saturday was the Durham Museum (a post on that later) and Hollywood candy in the old market which wasn't far Durham.

Two words: Vintage Heaven. Not only is a candy store that sells practically every candy in the universe it's also antique store, a soda fountain/restaurant, a vintage arcade and a retro movie theater!

There was so much to look at! It will literally take you hours to absorb it all! (perfect way to spend a rainy day!) But for now I'll do a picture tour of what I snapped!


Why yes that is a pink Cadillac! And of course next to it is.....


Elvis! (Thank you Thank you very much!)


The Reaper! Any SOA fans out there? (Team Jax forever!!) and his neighbor...


 Freddy!! "Welcome to my nightmare"

This is the piano from Lady Gaga's You and I video! Did you know she filmed it in Nebraska??



Here is the theater:



And the restaurant which I LOVED



I didn't get a chance to buy any candy while I was there but I did get a Marilyn Monroe photo and some bottles of soda. Grape Nehi (from M*A*S*H) and a Dr. Pepper which I turned the bottle into a soap dispenser! Since I had been looking for a glass bottle to turn into one :)



I can't wait to go back and do some more exploring!

XO,

Margie Mae 

Comments

Popular Posts