Hello Deer

It feels weird that Christmas will be here next week! The weather has been unusual which is typical of Nebraska we got snow at the beginning of the month the 60 degree weather and rain all weekend!! Actually I'm OK with the normal weather since I have to drive into Omaha two days a week!

School is winding down too my last day is next Tuesday! My Ipsy bag is coming! (I LOVE this month's!) and my Loot Crate so be ready for reviews for that! Plus some home improvement projects!

But let's talk Christmas!

If you remember last year I did a photo frame tree   and a book tree  

This year, I went into a totally different route! If you remember I started the alternative tree idea because I have a very naughty cat plus it gives me a chance to be creative and try fun new things! I went to Hobby Lobby and got a paper mache deer head:


Don't mind the furry photo bomber!


Next I painted him (I've named him Seymour: "See more glitter") white:






Then I added glitter gloss paint over that which I some how forgot to photograph! Next came hanging. Which I will honestly say was the hardest part because Seymour doesn't come with hanging tools his back side is a smooth surface. Ribbon would not work. I had found these Velcro command strips, and had placed him above my cedar chest. Well that didn't work.

I ended up using mounting strips, adhesive dots and a nail. I relocated Seymour to my patio door (since I don't open it during winter). I added a few ornaments and a bit of tinsel around the antlers:


He's totally perfect!! And I might have a deer obsession! Later I will show you my matching wreath!








Comments

Popular Posts