Christmas Tradition: Ugly Sweaters


Merry Christmas Eve!!

WOW!! It's already December 24th! When DID that happen??

Growing up, Christmas Eve was traditionally in the evenings we would have supper, I'd leave cookies for Santa, and we'd go to church for Christmas Eve service by the time we got home from church "Santa" made his appearance! One year he was at the back door before we were in bed! Anyways we couldn't wait until morning to open our gifts so it was usually done that night. As I got older, it become tedious not to have anything to open on Christmas Day because the excitement was done the night before so we would do it then. Now since my schedule alternates every year, we do Christmas on the days I don't work which happens to be Christmas Eve.

We will go to church, have supper (potato soup and chili) and open gifts. Then we will go to look at Christmas lights.  Christmas night I have to work (my weekend) so probably not much going on that day. I will open my stocking and Stark's plus his gift then go see my mom.

Anyways back to Christmas traditions!



This one is fairly new I started it last year which seems to be popular: Ugly Christmas Sweaters.

I was invited my first party last year, so instead of buying one I got the supplies to make my own.  Good old Target!! I bought some neon wooden ornaments and a long sleeved black shirt, then glued them down:


It turned out pretty cute and simple. No I didn't win the contest I got beat but none the less. So I wanted to add to it this year and I saw a craft at Goodwill of gingerbread girls so I assembled them and glued them onto the open spaces of my sweater:


Cute right? There is a star on the back too!


Have you been to an ugly sweater party? Do you have any of your own?

Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and we'll see you on December 26th!!

Comments

Popular Posts