Wordless Wednesday: Tuesday Fun

Tuesday was an adventurous day.


My friend Robbie and I took a quick trip up to Eugene T. Mahoney State Park. My cousin is getting married in July and we need to know how to get there. I haven't been there since I was a teenager and Robbie has never been. Neither has my dad who is driving and is well directionally challenged. (Sorry dad).

Above the is the Walter Scott Jr. Observation Tower. It stands 70 feet high! That's what I remember from when I was a teen climbing this bad boy.


Me hamming it up after climbing up the tower



The view is amazing. It was kinda a cool day though.

On our way to Mahoney, I noticed The Holy Family Shrine I had seen pictures and heard about it but never knew where it was located I thought it was out in the middle of nowhere in Nebraska not in Gretna. So on the way back from Mahoney we stopped:


It is a beautiful  place. I loved the water path on the walkway leading up to the tower. Which continues inside the Shrine at the end of the pews. Plus I love the structure of the building.

The Shrine is free to tour but does take donations

Comments

  1. I'm so glad the water level is back to looking level again!

    I'm hoping for a bit of a warm up. We're heading out to South Dakota to go camping. I won't blog about that until we get back. I don't like letting people I don't know that I'm heading out for vacay.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Popular Posts