Wordless Wednesday Storm photos

Monday morning we had some pretty nasty storms.

I was off from work luckily. But I awoke around 1am put on my a/c then tried to go back to bed. I turned off my a/c not too long after because I thought I heard wind then I heard a faint siren so I got up and headed to my closet since I don't have much a shelter in my apartment we have a basement/laundry room but it has windows. I was getting texts/calls from my friends and family to make sure I was okay and had power.

From my understanding we had 80 MPH wind and about 1.8" of rain here is the article from my local paper  the storm did take down trees:


This was the bank across from my apartment building


We saw this tree on our way to the cemetery.

But at least no one I knew was hurt that's a relief. Some had more damage.

I'll end this post with something pretty:


This rose is at my dad's called The Yellow Submarine. It survived the storm. Dad just planted it not long ago.


Comments

Popular Posts