Tie Dye Hoops

When I think of summer I think of tie dye so I'm sharing a few projects I've done thus far! Stay tuned for more!!

This tie dye project I have been waiting to do for a while. I love to create shared a large verison on their blog, and this blog called Inspired by charm.  Remember the headband I made from the tank top? Well I still had plenty of that left over along with another tank top plus extra tie dye too!


Here is the first tank top:


I did a sunburst design which is a common tie dye design. It's hard to explain how to do it and my pictures of it pre-dye didn't turn out. Anyways you take some embroidery hoops I got a couple at Hobby Lobby Friday.

Pick a spot and place the bottom hoop through your material then place the other on top, screw together so it's nice and tight:



Take your scissors and cut around the hoop then trim the access.

Ta da!


I only gotten three hoops (I plan to get more) this is with the littest hoop:





Here is the next tank which I did a folding technique one of my favorites (and this is the tank I had cut up for the head band)


Note if you let the project sit longer than it recomends (which is overnight typically 8 hours) it will become darker. I dyed these Monday and I didn't get completely rinsed out until Thursday!!

Here's hoop #3:




I plan to get more hoops and eventually I will hang them on my wall in my room :)


Thanks for reading.



Note: This is post is 100% me and my own opinion, however if the awesome peeps at I love to create see this post and want to send me some free swag I won’t turn them down!!!

Comments

Popular Posts