Shopping cart

My posting will be limited this week with Relay Friday but and I will be taking vacation next week so I am working on a bunch of post dated stuff.

 I had a garage sale about two weeks ago. I had this little shopping cart a Goodwill find, I had used it to store my Tulip slick paints in it until I got my vintage Coke bottle crate. I hated to part with it but I had no room for it anymore so I put it out to sell.

A friend of mine and fellow Relayer was going to buy it saying she would take out to the cemetery where her mother is buried and fill it flowers. She had done that before with one like it and decided she'd do it again. We were talking about it, and she recalled my sister Jenny loved shopping. She twisted my arm into keeping it so I could put it out on Jenny's headstone decorated for Memorial Day.

After some thought, I took the leftover $ Tree Flowers I had in my stash I went around the top of the cart sticking the flowers in and hot gluing them down. Then I found this plastic funky strand of circles and glued it along the middle of the cart:



For the handle, I tied some colorful summer ribbon across it:




And the whole cart before the flowers:



Then I got some for flowers to fill it with:


Here it is out at the cemetery with the other flowers we/our family put out:



I miss my sister everyday it has not been easy.

Thanks for letting me share this special project.


Have a great weekend!



Comments

Popular Posts