Bedside table re-make

Do you ever get into the moods where you have to re-make or fix something to make it ten times better? I know I do! This will be a two part post of this project.


I have this set of drawers that I use as a bedside table that I got a long, long time ago at my old job OTC holiday sale. It’s for holding scrap book paper but I needed a nice bedside table and this baby is perfect! Anyways I had done the creative thing to it, I had did a sponge brush technique to it and added some vintage Hawaiian pictures to it and lined the drawers with paper. Here is what one of the drawers looks like:



As you can see I was already experimenting with the sandpaper! Anyways before I get any further I was getting tired of the design and I was on Face book when I saw someone had spray painted a set of drawers this pretty aqua color and I knew I had to do that to my drawers and here I am with this project!

Here’s a quick photo of the other drawer:






And this is the inside of the drawer (it's a bit blurry):





I used 5x5 Martha Stewart paper at the time so it doesn’t look all that great and I saw the grease spots I was like eeeek! I knew I was making the right choice to fix this up. I like white but sometimes it shows everything! The nice thing is the drawers unsnap apart. (The other drawer had yellow paper inside of it in case you were wondering).

Well I started to remove the paper….


Ouch! More on that in a bit.

So I took sandpaper and began to strip the front of the drawers, and used a Clorox wipe to clean the snaps they had paint on them:



It dosen't look too bad after I stripped them. This was the best I could since I was sanding by hand.

Next, I took some white acrylic paint ran over the front of the drawers and the insides. The nice thing about white paint it acts like white out. :)

I think after I spray paint everything I will re-line the drawers with 12x12 paper in a fun beach/Hawaiian print or whatever Michaels has. :)

To get an idea of what that will look like I took a picture of the drawer and some black 12x12 paper:



Yeah I didn’t get around snapping a photo of the drawer put back together it was still drying. That will be shared in part two promise!

Stay tuned!

Comments

  1. For this reason I so wish that Lowes still carried do it yourself furniture. It came in pieces, was sanded and ready to go. I painted one table for my bathroom, added furniture tacks to it and it's a toilet paper holder. The other table I stained and varnished. It holds a lamp and Isaak's coloring book stuff. I miss that they carried that stuff!

    Your rework is cool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Popular Posts