Ombre tie dye canvas

Well it seems my mojo is slowly making a come back hooray! Before the heat of yesterday set in I spent sometime on my deck again (my studio is a pit) with a couple of canvases and a Tulip On Step Tie Dye kit in Moody Blues. There is a new technique out there called ombre so I had to hop onto the band wagon. I followed this post over at I love to create blog even though I didn't use a blouse for this project but I like the technique Maya in the Moment used.

I didn't take a lot of photos but I was really getting into it:


It's a little dark too forgot to add the flash too. Anyways I took the blue dye and ran it along the bottom of the canvas then I quickly I grabbed a paint brush that I had dipped into water then pulled the dye up the canvas. Next, I grabbed the turquoise dye (the kit comes with blue, green and turquoise) and did the same steps on the opposite end of my canvas overlapping with the blue a bit.


Here is my jar of pretty blue water (courtesy of Joe's crab shack). :) I loved how the sun catches it.

I let the canvas dry a couple times in the sun then I did a few more coats. Till I was happy here is the end result:




Yes it looks like water :) that was the idea. Eventually I will get a bigger piece of canvas repeat this technique  and it will become my headboard. I hung it above my bed to get a visual of how it would look. This is was basically an experimental project. I can't wait to go big!!

Head over to I love create for more awesome tie dye projects!


Note: This is post is 100% me and my own opinion, however if the awesome peeps at I love to create see this post and want to send me some free swag I won’t turn them down!!!





Comments

Popular Posts