Story Time: Truth about Wayback Records

Last weekend, I went to Wizard World Friday and Saturday I went to an Oddity Expo. Before I share the details of those events, I wanted to share a not so happy story.

If you remember from last year when we went to Wiz Con, we stopped in Valley Junction Iowa
for lunch and a bit of shopping. Now this was after Wiz Con so we had more time. This year we were a tad behind schedule so we did not get to sight see.

I was excited for Valley Junction because I wanted to go back to Way Back Records which is where I got my 60's inspired shirt/dress for my 3rd Vixen Shoot. So I was really hoping to find some new goodies and possibly some vinyls.

The picture I took last year 


As we pulled into Valley Junction, I noticed right away that I didn't see Way Back I thought that was really odd and my cousin thought it wasn't open anymore. I turned to Google and he was right they are permanently closed. I thought WHAT THE FRENCH TOAST? Something was not right.

While we were at lunch The Tavern I couldn't let this go (if you know me) and I found this article
and the owner had been recording young people in the restroom.

Seriously.

He was a pervert!!

This was in September 2017 so not long after I was there in May. Now I did get a creepy vibe from him but I dismissed it. I have a cardinal rule with myself when I got certain places like this "They don't have a public bathroom" a lot of the places in the Old Market post a sign stating they don't have a public bathroom so I go with it anywhere of places that I don't know. I really never thought of it at the time. Since the store was so small as it is I didn't even ask if there was one to even try on the top because I didn't want to take to long since my cousin and crew were at a different shop. I figured I would try my luck and it does fit.

However it doesn't condone what he did and I still shudder to think about it. I feel bad for anyone who went there and had that experience but I'm glad he got caught and don't know how long he was doing it for too. Major creepy.

I'm glad he's caught but sad the store closed. But I gotta wonder what happened to the red love seat I had my eye on....

XO,

Miss Mag Nificent

Comments

Popular Posts