Story time: How I got kicked out of antique store

Never a dull moment in Miss Mag Nificent's world huh?

On Tuesday, my Gay Best Friend, his partner and I got together. Well they fixed my car which was leaking due to all the RAIN we've been getting so my car was soaked.  Afterwards they needed to get their new vehicles licensed so I tagged along to go downtown. As you know, we have a talented artist who paints mural and one he changes seasonally so it was updated:



Then I decided to pop over the antique store across the street from the court house. Which happens to be one of my favorite the places I frequent. I love taking pictures of the outside because of all their wire garden pieces. I call it the wire jungle. So here is a picture of a bull grill:



I decided to post the inside on my Instagram stories which I never do, I usually snap chat or do nothing. But shop. Sometimes I am in my zone and I forget to take pictures for the blog, etc. But I decided to throw caution to the wind and have some fun with this. Or so I thought.

My first inkling that things were not going to well when I TRIED to Instagram the first half of the shop which is a little country shop before you get into the main antique room. The store clerk caught me off guard and say hello then I asked if I needed help with anything. I put down my phone and went about my business. THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN MY WARNING!!

But no, I took out the camera again because they had a GIANT metal giraffe in that building! I mean that is impressive shit right? I didn't get all the way through the store right when I was at the vintage lunch boxes when that B of a clerk said to me "I think you're done taking pictures and you need to leave" As I was going out the door I told I wasn't harming anything and she goes "I doubt that". The worse part was I pushed the door instead of pulling it. Go me. Needless to say I won't be shopping or taking pictures there again.

Here's the thing:

-We live in such a digital age. Everything is on social media nowadays. And a lot of people I follow on Social Media it's their JOB to post content. Half the reason WHY I support businesses is because of the influence of others. I was basically advertising for them too because I was adding the location of where this antique store is.

-I seriously wasn't harming anything. I am ALWAYS respectful in an antique store which for someone as clumsy as I am is tricky. I wasn't shop lifting either. I had good intentions of buying something from them too they had vintage head vases something that has been on my list for a long time.

-Like I've mentioned above, I have taken pictures there before numerous times. Mostly outside but I did take some inside photos before long ago and no one has ever said boo about it.

-I'm technically a millennial (which I'm in denial about) I remember when picture cell phones were a big thing. I didn't have one until like early 2007? Back in college there were big and I remember at a local museum some of my classmates were trying to sneak pictures with their camera phones then which is a big no no to begin with. I think it still is? 

-I've been to other antique stores and have taken pictures before again I don't see what's wrong with it! I just think now I will be a bit more cautious about it going forward.

-Should have asked permission which technically I didn't even think about really. Again it goes back to the whole media/digital age. I shouldn't have to anyways.

My feelings were hurt needless to say. I did in the end up at Hollywood Candy where pictures are allowed. I will be re-capping that next week!

XO,

Miss Mag Nificent






Comments

Popular Posts