Weekend Recap: Wizard World and Oddity Expo

What a weekend!!

This will be longish post so grab a drink and snack!

Friday was my 2nd Comic Con for 2018, 2nd year attending Wizard World and  my 6th Con overall. But after going Planet CC which is one of the ultimate Cons out there going back to Wiz Con (which is what I will be calling it from now on in this post) was a let down. Now don't get me wrong they did some improvements this year things were a bit more organized but not a lot of vendors. No Harebrained! But still I had a good time!

I got to meet Ant Lucia who is the artist behind DC Bombshells which is a pinup/Retro inspired version of  the DC heroines and girl villains. That was super exciting! I wasn't going to be any of the guests (JDF ended up canceling) and most weren't there on Friday which was disappointing. But totally random thing is I met Thomas Ian Nicholas from Rookie of The Year which was big time movie in my day! Anyways, my cousin's Steve friend Tina wanted to meet the author he was sharing a booth with Thomas (I believe he's doing a movie of the book?) called Handbook for Mortals so I decided I needed to pick up a copy too so Lani and Thomas both signed the book! AND because I bought her book I got Thomas's autograph for half off so I thought why not!!

Here's me and Lani!
Of course I'd had to have him sign it "Pitcher's got a big butt!" 

Most of the celebs weren't going to be there until Saturday which was disappointing since we only came for the day, and after going to a big Con like Planet CC I feel like I've been spoiled. I am not sure if I will a do a haul or not since I got so much stuff (True story) I will be reviewing Tee Turtle pins Friday since I only have 3 of them (the other 2 are gifts) and also another More Me Know review later in July.

Saturday was the first Omaha Oddity Expo. Which is just like it sounds the strange and unusual

Can I get an Amen?
There was a girl fire eater (she was fierce!) various vendors, I got some Henna and the main event The Enigma! He's been in Ripley's Believe it or Not!! His show was amazing!!


Lighting a cigarette with a belt sander
Me and Enigma!

Despite it being REALLY crowded (crowds and Miss Mag Nificent don't mix!) it was super fun!

One more thing!!

I am a runner up for a pinup contest called Miss Des Monies Vintage Bike Night and I need your help please use this link my picture is the pink lady and give it a like. I am in last place so I could use all the help I can get!! Thank you in advance!

Have a great day!

Miss Mag Nificent

Comments

Popular Posts