K is for knowledge

This probably will be my least exciting post! Like letter M which you'll see soon, I went back and fourth on what letter K should be then it just came down to this:

K is for knowledge.

I stumbled on the pin up world after doing my first shoot back in 2013. I had lost weight, entered a contest through a local photographer that I found one day using Google (because I wanted to do a photo shoot celebrating my weight loss), after I felt myself drawn to the style. I bought my first dress the following year January 29, 2014 (I can't remember the website) and never looked back:




Honestly I've always had somewhat of identity crisis as it were because I never knew what style I wanted for myself. I knew I was an individual to some degree but what kind was hard. I tried various ones through out the years but nothing felt right. Right after my relationship ended in 2014, I felt lost because I was trying to be something that I wasn't. I started to wear dresses on a regular basis (however not pin up style), and bought my first petticoat, then I purchased my 2nd dress from Sourpuss in 2015:




About a year later in 2016 I took the leap and ordered from Mod Cloth and 2016 became the year of the dresses. So I am in the fourth year of dressing in a pinup style. Now I don't wear a dress everyday (though I have been lately) I enjoy who I am because of the style change. I wished I had discovered it sooner. I know there a lot of gals I follow who are younger than me who dress this style and I wished I had told myself younger self to discover this style sooner think of the fun I would had! But I plan to enjoy the style long into the rest of my life.


I am no expert in pinup. I have learned as I've gone. Like I've said it's mostly trial and error. I still am learning how to do the hair, make up, etc. It takes practice and I've learned from great sources. Which is what the alphabet is for to give you some insight on this lifestyle. But I like to think I have some KNOWLEDGE in this. Just do your homework and you will enjoy pinup style as much as I have!


Have a great week!

XO,

Mags


Comments

Popular Posts