Ribbon Flag

Happy July 4th!!!

I got really behind on posting for the rest of last week and this week with being on vacation and all. I have SO much to share so it's going to take me awhile. Plus I fell behind on The ABC's of Pinup too. I plan to get right back into things!

But for today, I wanted to share at least one Patriotic Craft that I did while I was on vacation and wanted to share it. I always had good intentions of doing a bunch of Patriotic crafts but never get the time to do them! This one has been on my list for a while! Which is  a ribbon flag. I've seen numerous ones on Pinterest and no links on a proper how to's so I winged it.

My first problem was finding a dowel for it which was weird Wal-Mart had none and Michaels only had a pack of smaller ones. Which actually worked out because I didn't want a big one anyways because I wanted to hang the finished product on the door so here's the dowel:







Ribbon came next. Red and white a various prints/styles. I thought I went a tad overboard but I thought better have enough than not enough. So I basically eye-balled the length and laid them down along the edge of the dowel:



My original plan was to tie the pieces down but it didn't work right. I thought about tacky glue which also didn't work either (*sighs*) but lucky for me I found my hot glue gun while cleaning the studio which I got done by the way (yay!) that ended up working. Then I trimmed any excess length so they all matched each other, then I burned the ends with a lighter to prevent fraying.

For the blue/stars part. I went with navy material with white anchors. As you know, my patriotic decorating I tie in a nautical theme in so I thought that would be appropriate:





I did about 4x6" for the square and then attached with glue. Last but not least I added some string for hanging and there you have it!

I will be back tomorrow to start sharing my vacation photos!

XO,

Mags

Comments

Popular Posts