The White Coke can

Traditionaly The Coca Cola company does a Holiday pop can. Usually it's Santa. This year they decided to change it up. Also apart the Holiday campagin, is famous polar bears they're usually on the commericals. Because polar bears are endangered now, Coke wanted to do something about that so they changed the pop cans to benefit them so when you purchsed Coke, proceeds would go to the WWF.

However it was an Epic Failure. Here is the article and you can go on Coke's website too. When I discovered this I went out to purchase a 6-pack of the white cans before they're yanked off the shelevs and photographed it:


From a designer's standpoint it's a really neat design. Clean simple makes a point. However from some people's standpoint it looks like a diet Coke can. Which I suppose to some yeah I could see that but me I know my product and I did catch the commericals for the all white can.

I feel for the Graphic Designer who created this can their pain. They think they hit out of the park with awesome design, and then it's an epic fail among critics. But that's life and sometimes you're asked to re-work the design.

As the article states the polar bears will still be on the can it'll be the traditional red can. I did see a preview of the can it's just as nice and the polar bears do stand out. Once the cans hit the shelves I will share a picture on here too :)

Comments

Popular Posts