Resolutions?

As the New Year approaches, it always seems fitting to make some resolutions. To be honest I don't always keep them and then sometimes it seems to silly to make them when you know you're going to break them 3 weeks into the New Year or maybe even shorter than that.

However I have kept some of my resolutions for example I made the resolution to make more cards then opposed to buying them. Once in a while I do still buy a card usually if I forget to make one or like during the months of August - December where I am just slammed with birthdays. But I can say my card buying is a heck of a lot less. I still often wonder if Hall Mark will call to me to ask if I'm okay.

Also I've heard people say they make promises or goals for the New Year and that sounds a lot better then resolutions. I like the word goals.

So here are my goals for 2012:

*Blog more. I really slacked off in this department this year

*Take a real trip. I have not been out of the state in over 10 years when I went to Cali in high school for band and this was before 9/11. I would really like to go to Hawaii I know that's a heffty goal but if I'd be even happy to go to Washington State or Colorado as well to see friends and family.

*Facebook a lot less. I am such a die hard junkie and I enjoy it a little too much.

*Learn something new- Last year I learned how to fish. No kidding. I just decided to get a license and a pole the rest as they is history. I actually caught a 6 pound bass all by myself. I bait my own hooks and handle my own fish. I enjoy it so much!

*Loose weight. This is an obvious one. But I really REALLY need to do this. I have put on so much extra weight and I've tried so hard in the past but I really want to do it this year. No more excuses. PS. I am working on a weight loss related blog just getting the tweaks done and I'll have the link soon!

I think that's a good goal list. Of course when June rolls around we'll have to check back to see if I actually stuck to it!!


Do you make any resolutions?

Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular Posts