The Jeans project: The wreath

For the roses post click here

As I gear up for my Christmas decorating, I couldn't find a wreath that I liked, the it dawned on me: Why not make your own? Simple easy solution :) Since I was already making the roses I thought it would make an awesome to make a wreath.

And I was right :)



After making 11 roses for the wreath I got a foam ring from Michaels (you can get them in different sizes I choose the smaller ring) then I took leftover jean strips and wrapped them around the ring. My original plan was to use ribbon but I didn't have any long enough. I used Tacky glue to attach the long strip. I used a hot glue gun to attach the roses to the ring. Then a strip on the back for hanging.

I am so happy that this turned out. It's pretty rustic looking don't you think? You could probably hang it year round. Also for more Christmas feel get some red/green material or old t-shirts to make the roses. I think I'll make another for mom and it give to her for Christmas :)

Comments

  1. I love it. I would hang it in my house year round. Really cool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Popular Posts