I'm a klutz

I should be sharing Christmas creative stuff. Heaven knows I still stuff to share and I think with the week before Christmas being Sunday, I'll cram everything into next week. So be prepared! But I'm trying to break my habits of not posting and post something anyways. So I will tell you a funny story instead deal?

I'm a klutz. I often joke and say I'm the "Bella" of the klutz world. If you read the Twilight Saga you know what I'm what I'm talking about. As much as I've hurt myself over the years it's not resulted in any stitches or broken bones YET. I suppose I'll pay my dues soon enough in that department.

About a week ago, we were getting more snow, and I own a little Toyota. For the record Japanese cars don't well in snow or mine doesn't anyways I always end up stuck resulting in me calling for help. I usually keep a small shovel in my car so I can dig myself out. I totally forgot about having one in my car this year. So I asked dad to get one for me.

He and I went to Menards that morning (last Thursday), to get me a shovel. The snow wasn't supposed to start until noon, it started at 11am. Dad and I leave Menards with my new shovel in tow, (I'm carrying it) walking slowly back to my car. It's already slick out, I didn't wear boots but my Nikes and wouldn't you know it, I slip and fall in the Menards parking lot right on my bum. First words out of my dad's mouth "Are you okay?" I hate when people ask you that when you're cleary NOT. I only manage to land really hard and nothing got damaged (except maybe my pride).

But I'm not finished with this story not by a long shot. So later that evening I get ready to go to work, I leave my apartment I live on the 3rd floor so you know that means taking 3 flights up and down everyday. I'm on the last set of stairs heading to the door, when I trip over my own feet (this time I'm wearing the boots) and miss the last two stairs. I wind up with a pretty sprained ankle. I lay in the heap for a good minute and slowly get myself up and limp to my car which I had started prior to falling. I know what you're thinking I should call in and go get the thing checked. Well I'm also stubborn and plus it was 10:30pm no one would be able to cover for me at that short of notice.

I decided to head to Hy Vee on my way and buy one of those instant ice packs. I make it to the check out line where the cashier tells me I should just go lay in the snow. We share a good laugh, because she had fallen earlier herself so she felt my pain. See we klutz's understand one another.

To end the story, I had an goose egg on my left ankle for a while not to mention some wicked purple bruising and earned the nickname gimpy for the week.

Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts