Expirementing with chalkboard paint

I always like to try new mediums it's a great way to expand my mind creatively. However one medium and I don't see eye to eye, I am determined to change that.

The medium? Chalkboard paint:



This is it in acyclic paint form you can purchase it in spray paint as well. This could be my problem anyways if you re-call about almost year ago I had issues with the paint. But I am person who doesn't give up. I sometimes throw a tantrum, walk away from it for a while then eventually I go back to it. This is the case.

First off, some of my crafty friends have used the chalk paint (in spray form) and have raved how awesome it works. That could be my problem oh well live and learn right?

I came across a project in the Omaha paper they've been featuring 25 days of crafts. One of the projects is treat jars using the chalkboard paint. Here is the jar I picked up at Hobby Lobby:


I painted the jar lid with chalkboard paint. I did a few coats and waited:





Finally after like 3 days, I took some chalk and voila! It worked!!! Here it is:



As you can see the jar now holds my oreos. I'm really happy that it turned out. But I think next time I will use chalkboard spray paint instead.

Later days!

Comments

Popular Posts