Beach Essentials 2016

 Instead of Fashion Friday, I thought I'd post my beach bag essentials for this year. We're in the dog days of summer here. We've had heat warnings all week! I've stayed inside for the most part (expect class days) but this weekend I am making my way to the beach! I haven't been yet!!

 In 2014, I did a post on my beach bag essentials 

My beach bag this year:



It's from Thirty One. Which it's no longer in stock (there is anchor print on their site) but I've seen some cute anchor beach bags locally. But it doesn't have to be anchor either!

Set one of items:


I got a set of little anchor bags from Wal-Mart the larger one is supposed to carry your suit in it but I don't wear teeny bikinis so I'll use the larger one for something else. But the striped one I've used as a clutch already this summer and that is more likely what I'll use it for when I hit the beach since I don't need much just my license and some money to get a dollar ice cream cone for the local Runza downtown after! (Oh and a place to hold my keys) That's where my born to beach coin purse comes in handy!

Next, I have lip chap in soft lips which is my favorite brand soft lips because it has sunscreen in it. I also have a pair of sunglasses just for the beach they're cheap so if I lose them it won't be heartbreaking. I also have a strap to keep them on my face since I wear them in the water. Plus a carrier! I also have a hair brush, extra hair ties, tissues and some salt wave spray.

I also will be taking a charging bank and a Ipsy bag to put my phone in. My phone gets super hot at the lakes so my plan this year is to bring an ice block to keep my phone cool while I swim.

Set two of items:



Sunscreen! Super important and I burn like nobodies business so I try to have a high SPF on hand. Flip flops of course, sun in to lighten my hair and if you remember that purple HOPE bag is for my wet clothes to carry them in!


Last but not least here are my cover up clothes this year:



If you noticed a color trend, I got a two mint color swimsuits which I'll share a post on next week!

Have a great weekend!

XO,

Margie Mae

Comments

Popular Posts