Spring Cleaning Closet Haul

I know it's been awhile. I started Spring semester two weeks ago and being busy!

Spring is Sunday so I thought it was time to put away the winter clothes and break out the spring/summer clothes!

Last year I decided I needed to put away most of my winter clothes so I'd have room in my closet for more stuff!

Since Nebraska weather is unpredictable it's nice to have options on hand!

My year round clothing staples:



Cardigans! I LOVE them! I have a collection from Sourpuss Clothing plus a few others. They're light weight, they go with just about everything, and are CUTE!!



Knit sweaters I keep at least one of them out because it can be worn year round but I tend to wear it more spring, summer and early fall.

Long sleeved t-shirts. Although I just keep a basic white one out to layer with t-shirts and wear with my scrub tops. 

 Leggings. I stop wearing leggings late Spring since to me, they're more of a fall/winter staple.

I also store my heavier/fleece pajamas.

Everything else I rotate for example, I put away all my heavier knit and longer sweaters, I do put away a couple of my cardigans, any long sleeved shirt in general, so there's room in my closet for other things. So here's what comes out in the Spring:

Skirts and dresses:



I've seen blogs and other places where skirts and dresses can be worn during the winter. If you do proper layering with them and wear wool stockings. I did wear my red polka dot dress in December I paired it with black stockings, and a cardigan. I got a pencil skirt and wore it February, again pairing it with the same color tights and a cardigan. I'm not fully sold on the idea yet!

But generally a lot of my summer dresses and shorter skirts stay in storage.

Tank tops. This was an "ify" for me. You can layer them and that's what I do but it feels weird to wear them in winter unless I'm at home but I started to wear them at Jazzercise.

Everything else is year round.

Do you clean out your closet?

XO,

Margie Mae


Comments

Popular Posts