Vintage Kitchen part 1

I am finally getting around to sharing this my vintage style kitchen!

I've always wanted a vintage style kitchen you know the red vinyl chairs with the aluminum table (like at Freddy's)  wall to wall Coke memorabilia etc. Last year my microwave went to pot so a friend of mine gave me one they had it was the retro red color so I knew it was a sign to remake my kitchen!

I will have lived in my apartment for 5 years this year and honestly I have never done really anything with my kitchen just had black, white and pink touches here and there. It's taken awhile to get here and I have a few additional pieces to get yet but for the most part I am pleased wit the turnout here is a photographic tour part 1 (I will divide it up so I don't overwhelm you!):

First on my table I was super excited to find this last fall at Junkstock is this vintage jukebox radio:



It actually is a tape deck/radio so it's a mock up of the jukebox the owner said it didn't work but I really wanted for the visual more than anything. PLUS I had been looking for one of these!

The wall right above my table has several pictures:



The LOVE is from Corky Canvas, next are my Jack Daniels/James Dean tin pictures. They used to be above my microwave but now they're to the right of my LOVE painting.

To the left:


These are vintage Coke ads that I scored at an antique shop (actually you will see a trend!) if you remember, I had zebra/polka dot print wrapping paper well I have no more of it (*sigh*) so I had to make the sacrifice  change of the print I had in my bathroom to a different polka dot print (more on that later!) to use the last large 8x10" for the other Coke ad.

Above my fridge is where I put my bottle cap collection jar and my milk bottle with paper straws (I rotate them out seasonally):



Last but not least the wall to the right of my fridge:



If you remember I had a tray memo board here well I did some moving and now I have a Coke calendar, a tin cherry tootsie pop sign (did you know you can get all cherry pops??) and a photo I shot of the Tastee sign in Lincoln (see the post here).

Stay tuned for the rest of the tour!

XO,

Margie Mae 





Comments

Popular Posts