Bomb pop banner

Wordless Wednesday is postponed this week so I can squeeze in all my projects!

So of course you need a sweet banner for July 4th am I right?? Well I went and got some paint chips from Menards:



(how cute are the names clown nose, blue ink, and bowling pin!!)

My original idea was to do a star banner..... well the idea didn't hash out. So I began to think what I could make with all these chips (I have a problem!) then I remembered my nail file. Okay I know you're going what? Let me explain. One of my "many" obessions is Bath and Body Works (right ladies you feel me on this?) I had got the CUTEST nail file bomb pops:



The best part you can pull them apart for two!!

Okay enough excitement on that, but I knew I could make a bomb pop banner! And give me an A for being original too!

I took the file and traced it onto some scratch paper first:



I did two because one I was going to cut up to get the colors right:



Pattern #1 I traced onto the white paint chips:



Cut them out. Next (I didn't photograph this step sorry!! But it's obivious) I traced the red and blue shapes on each chip and cut them out too. Then glue them down to the white shape.


Next you repeat the process by making more for your banner. I ended up with 8 of them. My plan was 10 but 9 looked really wonky so I knew it was time to stop. (I'll one day own a circuit machine!)

Last attach to your ribbon:



I was so excited to hang this up I forgot to color the stick part tan with a Sharpie but I will when I take it down after the 4th!

Come back tomorrow for one project!!

Comments

Popular Posts