Wordless Wednesday Fremont Opera House

Two weeks ago was John C Fremont Days and I worked that weekend so I wasn't really into wanting to go plus because of the heat too. But I did one thing with my dad was tour the Love Larson Opera House. This is a part of historic downtown Fremont.

It is in the process of being re-modeled:


This is the balcony.  Notice the blue hasn't faded? The tour guide says that blue is a color that never fades.


This is the stage



Another shot of the ceiling.

Back in 1976 there was a hotel called the Pathfider that exploded and it shook the Opera house and just blew out the windows, I regret not asking the tour why the opera house was closed and it was never repaired until now. They didn't say on the tour.



The lobby has been remodeled and is used on a regular basis. People have hosted wedding receptions there.



Here are the possible plans for the Opera House in the future. It will take a long time for it to become this! Plus they're raising money for it.



The pretty window that leads out to downtown.



I love some old vintage doors!

Thank you for letting me share this piece of my town's history :)






Comments

Popular Posts