Patriotic Wreath

Happy July 4th!!!!

I am here to share my last decoration for July 4th. I wish I had made more but there's always next year and at least I got some stuff up this year!!

I had to make a wreath of course and it had to be different then what I have been making before so onto Pintrest I went to find something after tossing around a few ideas I settled on this idea which comes from All you magazine.

The instructions called for a foam wreath form but those aren't cheap so I opted for a wooden foral wreath form:



Next cover with ribbon. The wooden wreath form has holes for flowers so I left a little space open for one hole so I could add smaller ribbon for hanging:



You make pinwheels out of red, white, and blue paper in different sizes:



4 x 6"

3 x 6"

2 1/2" x 3 1/4"

I cut out 3 of the same color and the same size because you fold them like a paper fan then glue (or use double stick tape) them together to create a pinwheel shape. I don't think I did 40 like the instructions I did enough to do at least two layers. But if you have more time (unlike me!!) go for it!!

Next hot-glue those puppies down to the wreath and layer it:


Note: While I did the first layer, I snuck in the ribbon for hanging. Then continued my 2nd layer after the top layer. I glued down some buttons red ones and of course Patriotic ones :)

Here it is done:


I am PLEASED as punch that it turned out so cute!!!

I'm taking the rest of the weekend off so I will be back next week with lots more exciting stuff!

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!!


Comments

Popular Posts