Checking In again

Wow it's been a week (flips at her calendar) yup it's been exactly one week since I last posted. I thought this 30 blog challenge would keep me at posting.... not so much.

What have been doing? Still not creating it's starting to get to me! I just need to sit down and find SOMETHING, ANYTHING and do it!!!!

I'm preparing for VBS however, it's going to be harder this year because we're not having our teachers meeting until June 1st and if you remember last year I had to go into the craft projects blind because they weren't included with my materials. All I know it's a jungle theme. I gone through my inventory at church to see what I have first before I go and buy materials. But I think I may just say the heck with it and just get new stuff.

With VBS, the kids have craft time as a group, but with my age level (I usually teach the little ones Pre-K and K) I rather have them do more crafts because at that age they have such a short attention span plus it's hard for them to sit still for long periods of time (believe me I know) if they're kept busy and amused they won't be bored or running amuck.

VBS usually runs during farthers day and Flag day so I like to include a craft for those days. I think they're important just as much as VBS itself. I am also planning some summer related crafts this year too but tie in Faith into it as well. I actually went onto OTC's website and ordered some catalogs. I hate to admit it but they do have some pretty decent crafts. I made a list but still I think I will try to go to Michaels next week before I order to see what they have then order after the Holiday.

Also I like to have a craft for when the kids are stuck inside when it rains, which the past couple of years has happened. I also have a Frisbee golf game that went over big last year so I'm sure we will be playing that a lot.

So I will catch up on my 30 day Challenge next week.

Later days!

Comments

Popular Posts