Cindy's piece

Hello! Long time no post eh? I've been a slacker but I am trying to get Relay stuff moving because it will be here before I know it. It's not easy wearing the hats I do team captain of a semi new team, and being on two different comittees as well... but it's for such an amazing cause that I fully support so it's worth it! So forgive me if my posts are less and less yeah? Once Relay is over and done with I am sure things will get semi-back to normal.


Anyways I do have something to share I made a piece for Aunt Cindy who is still in the hospital. She loves butterflies so I knew what the concept of the piece would be:




I had this butterfly FOREVER and a DAY. If you remember I had some deinim paper I got at the $ store many many moons ago most of it has been used to make bday cards and such well this butterfly was one of them. I cut it out to use for something but never got around to using until recently.



I painted the canvas in an Ocean blue acrylic paint mixed with a shiny blue acrylic. I didn't want it too dark to take away from the buttefly but since it's a night image I wanted it to at least like an evening sky sort of. Then I used a light silver glitter acrylic glaze followed by a blue glitter one. Here is a close up:



I wished I had some glimmer mist to use. But I used most of that up (of what I had) for some other porjects down the road. But I loved how everything turned out. I just had a heck of a time getting the butterfly glued down.

And I know my aunt loved it too she couldn't really speak because she had tubes in but I could tell on how long she looked at it she loved it, however she was able to thank me :) I believe art can heal that is why I do what I do and love it.

Have a great start to the week!

Comments

  1. Your Aunt must be so touched by your lovely gift of love..I worked as a recreation therapist for many years and saw the process of art healing..take care and don't do too much...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Popular Posts