Book sale and card

It has been a crazy couple of days. But first off Friday was the annual library book sale. Every year the library has this sale to get rid of old books the library doesn’t use anymore or most are donations they take during the year. It always amazes me how much stuff they (the library) get every year! The past 3 years I have been very lucky to find cigar boxes there. At first I couldn’t find where they usually had them (with the puzzles) so I thought oh man none this year. I continued to browse trying not to hide my disappointment.

I came across two great books:





I was thrilled to have found the altered books workshop book! The make your own greeting card book is an oldie book a goody. I also found 9 wooden blocks, which something told me I had to have them, a postcard book of Chesapeake Bay I can totally see taking some of them out there and framing them, a bunch of Princess diaries books (I love Mia), and I was about to give up when I found them my cigar boxes! They were just in a different spot; I walked away with 5 of them. Later I went back with Mary and got two more so I have 7 now so that should last me! Oh on the 2nd trip I came across a VHS of James Dean excited!!

____________________________



But enough of my finds the reason you’re here, I made this card early Friday morning:




(such a nice day finally to take photos outside)


Image is of course from Crafty Secrets girlfriends Images & Journal notes, I used the non-pattern side of my Martha Stewart bandanna paper.

I thought this would make a decent get-well card and I made for my Aunt Cindy who just so happens was admitted into the hospital Thursday evening. We’re praying she gets better soon!

Oh yes I am done with my poof ties for now. I made 20 of them, which was my goal. I make one more if I have time for myself to wear the night of the meeting. I have also been working on some fairies from Crafty secrets too. But I will share them another day.
Tonight is the bull ride and then I have to go into work later.
Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts