Gothic Flowers

I'm not doing any Valentines Day crafts this year. I am just not feeling it. But I didn't want to not post anything. Again this was a project I did back in November, and I am now getting around to posting it. I was inspired by The Lair of Voltaire on You Tube to assemble these.


Materials:

Black Flowers or any floral arrangement of your choosing (I'll expand on this in a bit)

Black Spray paint 

Vases, bottles-whatever you want to put your flowers in!


The first set of flowers, were from my friend Kelly's wedding (I had caught the bouquet) they have some red/black in them so they were perfect to use as part of this project.

I dug through my stash and I found a simple glass vase to "make it black".

 



In Voltaire's video he uses a fancy champagne bottle which had a gothic design. Since I'm a babe on a budget, I used what I had. 

Here's the vase painted black:



The finished product!!




If you don't have black flowers on hand you can get some from Michael's and Hobby Lobby year round luckily. But in the fall stock up! Also Dollar Tree carries various bottles/vases to paint black to your heart's desire!


Round 2. 

I found some black roses again in my stash. I used a Coke bottle for these:


Here it is black:


I trimmed down the stems to fit in the bottle:



I am really happy how well these turned out! Just a pop of gothic for your home!!

Stay Spooky!

Miss Mag Nificent 

Comments

Popular Posts