Halloween Movies

One of my traditions every Halloween is to watch my collection of movies. Now generally you can watch these movies year round but something about watching them during spooky season is fun!

Hocus Pocus




I actually saw this movie in theater when I was a kid. It's a timeless classic!

Beetle Juice 



I grew up watching The Beetle Juice cartoon which was my favorite of course the movie is another one I grew up with along with:

Nightmare Before Christmas



I love how popular this movie has become years after being released. Of course the going debate is it a Christmas movie or Halloween? I watch both times of year ;)

Corpse Bride 



Another Tim Burton favorite. Johnny Depp's performance is fantastic!! I totally relate to Emily so much. Plus who wouldn't want to live in the underworld?

The Addams Family/The Addams Family Values 




What can I say about The Addams family? Again it's another classic and I watched the TV show too so my passion runs deep. Morticia is queen mother of the spooky babes right up there with Lily Munster.


Rocky Horror Picture Show 


Now hear me out, I think Rocky Horror can be a Halloween movie as it is a year round movie. It has just enough spookiness to make you shiver. Plus anytime is a great time to do the time warp

Ghost-Busters 



You've probably noticed a trend here that a lot of these movies I grew up with and Ghost Busters is one of them on my list too. I'm old school and I've not seen the newest one but none the less it's on my list. It can be both a year round movie but watching it on Halloween


Young Frankenstein 


Who doesn't love Gene Wilder? (May he rest) Young Frankenstein is one of my favorites ever and it can be a year round movie too not just for Halloween.

Edward Scissorhands 



Again this is another movie that you can watch anytime but I like watching it around Halloween since I watch the other 2 Tim Burton movies this season.

That's all the movies I have. What are your favorites?

Miss Mag Nificent

Comments

Popular Posts