Origami Hearts and bottle cap key chains

This is a loaded post with two projects in one. Then Friday I will have a final Valentine’s Day project to share to wrap up the week.

I did some Valentine’s for my co-workers. First I made some origami hearts. I have been doing origami forever since I was a kid. It’s pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

You will need some thin paper like computer paper works awesome. Then cut a strip about 5 ½ inches:



Next it’s a little tricky but take each and fold towards the center to create a point:





And the other side:



 
I use double stick tape to keep the fold pieces together.

Now turn the heart over and fold down the top corners:




I take scissors and round off the corners to form a heart:




That’s it! Easy! Here is one I made for my nephew:




Next up is bottle cap initial key chains to go with the Valentine’s I made for my co-workers:



 
A simple project didn’t require much work but fun just the same but my three of my co-workers names begin with A that was a challenge! Here is a close up of one:





So far everyone loves them!! :) Come back Friday as I finish up Valentine's 2014!!

Comments

Popular Posts