Chalkboard oven covers

Hi! I did a quick project Friday the idea hit me when I was doing dishes and whipping down my stove. Yes inspiration hits everywhere :-) I decided that my stove covers I think that’s what you call them needed something. And that something is chalkboard paint. I’ve wanted to do this project for awhile so it was no time like the present!

The covers are already black which helps here they are before I painted them:



I used Elmer’s chalkboard paint which was located with the acrylic section. I wish I had bought a bigger bottle! But lucky for me I had just enough to cover all four covers with 2 coats then I let dry all morning.

Here they are back on my stove with a Valentine’s theme of course!




I’m also sharing some random photos I took in my kitchen.
I have a metal sink in my kitchen which believe me is a Godsend because I paint, tie dye, etc I still have to scrub my sink of course but don’t have to bleach it! Anyways so when I rinse any of my brushes, I usually
leave them in the kitchen:







Have a great week and more Valentine's to come!!


Comments

Popular Posts