Titanoboa!!

Sorry for my absence I have been working on a top secret project well not so top secret as you can see the big badge to right of this page? Yup I will be participating in an A-Z blog challenge for the month of April. More on that soon!

I want to share what I did Sunday afternoon with that special guy of mine:



Yes that would be a boa. A Titan boa to be precise. Morrill Hall at the University of Nebraska Lincoln is the temporary home of this bugger until September.

Facts about this beastly:

From a fossil bed 60 million years

Measuring 48 feet long

Weighing up to 2,500 pounds

They discovered some bones that they thought we’re crocodile-nope way too big so they figured it out it was snake vertebrae and that they belonged to Titanoboa cerrejonesis. Crazy huh?

Here are a few other things at Morrill Hall you can discover:










Lots and lots of fossils! I’ve never been to Morrill Hall before. I know a lot of my friends took fields trips there as kids but I don’t remember ever going. What’s cool these have been discovered right here in the good old state of Nebraska.

How about that a history lesson on an art blog who knew right?

Comments

  1. Wow! I would not want to run into that thing in real life!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Popular Posts