Altered tray memo board

This project has been in the works for awhile meaning it has been sitting waiting ever so patiently. I finally got to it this weekend I had been down all week with a cold plus I had to get supplies for it (thank you Michaels for the 50% off coupon).


My fridge is another center of the universe for stuff. I mean it is literally full of coupons, my Y fitness schedule, Relay notices etc, oh my collection of funky magnets, and a marker board. Can we say cluttered? I so needed a memo board. Recently on I love to Create’s blog the awesome Jennifer Perkins made a cool memo board from a cookie sheet. Then I remembered seeing one in an old issue of Pack-O-Fun magazine I was sold. Then dad cleaned out his cupboard and had a black tray the I begged to have to alter. The rest is history.

Onto to it shall we?

Here is the tray:



I spray painted it black:



Now it did look awesome after being painted I could have left it but you know me and my obsession with wrapping paper I had to add it to the board. I took tracing paper made a pattern and cut my wrapping paper. Then I used some Aleene’s fast grab tacky glue which is awesome stuff by the way!!

Check it out:



Now what does a memo board need? Magnets of course! I whipped up these bad boys while I waited for the spray paint to dry:



I’ve had these bottle caps forever and finally figured out a great use for them! Yup more wrapping paper!



Last but not least add a ribbon for hanging and presto one nice memo board! Also I got some clips from the dollar bin from Target too.




***********

I was stunned to hear about the Boston Marathon today. I woke seeing the coverage all over Facebook. Breaks my heart. But remember we will prevail friends.

I love this song and I thought it was perfect to share:




Boston by Augustana


Peace to all.











Note: This is post is 100% me and my own opinion, however if the awesome peeps at I love to create see this post and want to send me some free swag I won’t turn them down!!!





Comments

Popular Posts