Cocktail parasol wreath

This project happened completely on accident. No joke. I was actually on a mission to do make another wreath which has to be on the back burner for a bit longer. I was at the $ Tree looking for materials on a flip-flop wreath I've been itching to make... Well I was a bit disspointed in how UGLY the flip-flops were! I know they're for a dollar but come on! I want cute flip-flops! Maybe Target?

Anyways I did poke around and I came across some cocktail parasols which not going to lie are my favorite thing ever. Remember my cocktail parsol balls? So I couldn't resist in purchasing some and then making a wreath out of them.

So here's the materials:




Usually cocktail parasol run in a larger quanity like a 144 but the $ Tree had 16 in a pack which is all good. And you need a branch wreath. I love these things I've made a few wreaths from them.

This is super easy all you do is open the parasols with the little band that comes with. Then stick them into the wreath, pull through then trim the pick with scissors here is a start of it:



Really you don't need to glue or anything because the wreath is pretty wound tightly. Now I did go through a couple of parasols that got smashed as I was going around the wreath it happens they are cheap.

Continue around the wreath it will look like this when finished:






Awesome right? Then take a ribbon for hanging and ta da! Now use the leftovers in a drink and enjoy!

It hasn't been very Spring like here lately so I needed to make a wreath to "liven things up" around my place.

I've become a wreath making addict and I'm okay with that :)




Comments

Popular Posts