Up cycled headband

Friday I couldn’t sleep so I spent some time in the studio. One little project I did was I took a tank top that was too big and used part of it as a headband. My hair is getting longer so I need to start wearing it down more and using headbands too. And since today is Earth today it’s kind of a green craft too.


To begin here is my tank top from Old Navy which I’m proud to say is too big! (I recently lost a lot of weight forgive me for having a messy studio floor ).



I started from the bottom and cut three pieces the same length (Note I’m not the straightest cutter but since they will be braided together it won’t make a difference).



Then I braided them together. This is super stretchy cotton material:



I used some Tulip spray dye in yes pink!


And sprayed a away!


(My dye board if you can’t tell)

After I let the one side dry, I flipped it over and did the other. I gave it a few hours to dry completely.

I didn’t go nuts with the dye simply because if I get another color to add later I can go back and do so. But here it is done!





Reminds me of the 80’s braided sweat bands

I plan on doing more up cycled projects with the tank top plus I have another at my disposal (I always like to have more than one white shirt or tank) so stay tuned!

Happy Earth Day go hug a tree!





Note: This is post is 100% me and my own opinion, however if the awesome peeps at I love to create  see this post and want to send me some free swag I won’t turn them down!!!





Comments

Popular Posts