Obession: Framing Wrapping Paper

Welcome to a new post topic called Obsession (no not the perfume ha ha). I’ll be sharing some of my current obsessions! I have a lot of different obsessions don’t we all? My current one is an easy decorating project that’s inexpensive and fun!


Framing wrapping paper! I kid you not. I discovered it out there in the blog-o-sphere and I wish I could find the original site I found it on to link it but sadly could not locate it. If I do, I will share it!

So it all started at Christmas when I had ordered from my cousin Debi’s kiddo Mason’s school fundraiser some black, white and pink double sided wrapping paper. It’s so neat! Why just use it for gifts? Sidebar: I used some for my junk drawer (I'll share that post later).

Here is a step by step process on framing some of the new wrapping paper I got in the Dollar bin at Target that I am using to line my kitchen drawers I purchased some cheap snap frames from Wal-Mart. I use 5x7” you can go larger if you want:



As you can see this was current framed wrapping paper from Easter (yes it's pink!). I took some leftover wrapping paper scrap that I had on hand from lining the kitchen drawers (I have another roll).

I used the paper in the frames as a pattern to trace a rectangle for the frame:


Next cut out the paper and then snap it in the frame:


Ta da! It's that simple! Now of course if you wanted to you can glue the paper down onto thicker piece of cardboard or cardstock but I usually change what's in my frames so often that I just keep it simple!

Here it is on my wall:




Yup the whole black and white theme! I love this wall it's right by my fridge. I didn't get a 2013 calendar until now (I'll explain at the end of the post).  This is where last year's calendar hung anyways, the black frame came from my friend Vicki's flea market in the fall I hung it here (after it's stint as a Christmas wreath). Then I got the Marilyn Monroe print from Michael's (for $2? yes please!!), I love my switch plate cover from Hobby Lobby and of course my M that doubles as a bottle opener holder!
Actually I did this at Christmas with some very vintage Christmas wrap that dad had there was just enough to frame it and then I have a little frame that held some cute reindeer paper from a small gift that my friend Shelli gave me.

Plus you can frame birthday wrapping paper for you kiddos birthday and stick a picture in it! So think twice about tossing that wrapping paper! Most artist/creative people don’t throw anything away anyways!

************

Every day photo:

Via Instagram

Another obsession I have is I love Hawaii and anything Hawaiian. I have a tattoo of a hibiscus flower on my right ankle and my lincense plates are my name in Hawaiian. I am blessed to actually know to people that hail from Hawaii. Why do they live in Nebraska? Long story! Sorry I'm get off track here anyways, one of them just came back from Hawaii and they know how much I LOVE Hawaii and (one day I'll go there) they gave me these gifts!

The calendar is one of them that I hung in my room right away, the pretty t-shirt and a map of Hawaii's volcanoes!! I will be getting that framed! I was so excited to have them. I have nice collection of gifts from my Hawaiian friends ♥


Do you have any crazy obsessions? Share them here!

Comments

Popular Posts