Lucky Charm Hairbow

Well this is my final post for the week of St. Patrick's projects. I will be back next week to re-cap my party I had!

I stumbled across Sarah at Craft Quickies from another crafty blogger I follow Christy at The Diary of Dave's Wife. She guest posted there and she made the CUTEST hairbow for her kiddo so I had to give it a try checkout her lucky charm hairbow here

Now I don't have any kiddos of my own yet but I will rock this St. Patrick's Day!

I had shamrock ribbon in my stash from my card making a few years back so I used that for the base of the flower along with green ribbon as in Sarah's instructions. However I used tacky glue instead of a glue gun yes that meant longer drying time but saves me from burned fingers (or just buy a low temp glue gun Mags). Here is the start of it:





Then I did hot glue the shamrock on top. Do you know how long it took me to locate some? I did not have ANY in my stash, I went to Wal-Mart, Wal-Greens and The $ Tree. The $ Tree had "table tossers" that would have worked but I just wasn't feeling them. Thank Goodness I have a foam obession and there was some in the bucket at Sunday School!!  Here is the final product:



I glued a clippy to the back and volia a cute hair bow! I also made a little bigger one that I will add a pin-back on it and I'm giving it to mom so she has green too! :)

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!! Don't get pinched!!

Comments

Popular Posts