St. Patrick's Day tied dye shirt

My apologies winter came back and dumped 11 inches of snow so I didn't make it to the library yesterday since it opened late and that was around my usual bed time.

This is the first post of my St. Patrick's Day crafts enjoy!!


Today I am sharing a project involving tie dye. But first a back story on how this came about.

I’ve lost over 50 pounds last year, so that meant new clothes including a new St. Patrick’s Day t-shirt. I had ordered a tee from Old Navy. (Side bar: I LOVE Old Navy) Plus a cute pair of shamrock boxers a few days later, I got an e-mail you know the dreaded e-mail most on-line shopper fear the e-mail that says something is out of stock on your order!

I secretly hoped it was the boxers because really they were an impulse buy. Nope it was the t-shirt. Which I was happy to report was a smaller size. Devastation set in as I pondered what I was going to do an emergency trip to both Old Navy’s in Omaha were an option when I realized DUH I can make a shirt!! Sometimes I am that clueless. I quickly went to one of my favorite crafting sites I love to create to do some research on what I could make.

After some research and a some thought, I decided it would be easier and fun to tie dye a shirt instead of doing something super complicated (there’s always next year!) so I went to Michaels picked up some Tulip one-step tie dye (which does come separately so you don’t have to buy a whole kit) in two colors of green (I’ll list at the end of my post) and got busy.

Oh check out I love to create blog too for more tie dyed goodness.

I already had a white t-shirt since I tend to have more than one with good reason (accident prone – I tend to spill a lot and I’m usually wearing white) After I tied and dyed. Forgive me I didn’t take a ton of pictures beforehand here is my end result:


Not bad. Somehow a little blue got in the mix only because I was tie dying with friends (they used the blue) and the splattered look you’re seeing is from a spray nozzle that I attached to the dye bottle. (PS This is from another tulip tie dye kit)

Now this can be worn for non-St. Patrick’s Day holidays and I do love green so you can bet I’ll wear this one more often!

Tie Dye Colors used:

Green

Lime Green

Note: This is post is 100% me and my own opinion, however if the awesome peeps at I love to create see this post and want to send me some free swag I won’t turn them down!!!

______________________________________
My friend Vicki has been sharing some everyday photos on her blog so I thought I'd share some with you today to wrap things up:



I put this basket my door so I could have access to my winter gear and I can drop it off after work anyways I was tired of it so I put my flip-flops in there I am anixous for spring!!

My sister passed away a month ago and that's why I've been absent. It was sudden but she is no longer suffering. This was her room we are slowly emptying it sorry if the picture is a bit blurry:




It had been a month since I set foot in here but I came for her TV that'll hang in my room eventually.

Have a great week and Happy tie dying!!





Comments

Popular Posts