Would you rip a t-shirt off a mannequin?

Funny question to be asking huh? let me explain. On a recent trip to my local Goodwill, I thought just that. most you know that I am a thrift store junky and Goodwill is one of my favorite haunts. I've been going pretty regularly because I have been on a on-going project of organizing my studio. So I've been looking for just the right stuff for my studio. I have shared my Goodwill treasure hunts check them out Number 1 and Number 2

Back to the shirt. When I entered Goodwill the inside entrance has items of temptation mainly furniture and of course Halloween decorations. Honestly, I wasn't looking for anything decoration wise for Halloween (Truth is I haven't found anything good there this year which is a total bummer). Except on the table was a mannequin torso was a vintage Halloween t-shirt. Remember I've mentioned that I like certain vintage items. Mainly t-shirts, anything beach vintage, or if it catches my eye. I just glanced at the shirt and went on in.

As I walked around the store cruising the shelves, (I love how they color coordinate them by the way) I had seen a Caboodle case. Do you remember those? I had stuck it back on the shelf I wasn't sure what I'd use it for or if I could commit to it. I try to make that a general rule of thumb when going to Goodwill, If I can find a use for it within in 30 seconds or after walking around for maybe 2 mintues then I get it. I continued my treck when I thought about that stupid shirt. I hid my items I planned to purchase so I wouldn't A. lose them or B. walk out to those outside doors looking like a theif and checked out the shirt.  Upon closer inspection it was very cute even though it wasn't my size I thought it would make an awesome bag...

...Then I noticed the price $3.99. Okay that isn't really too bad for a t-shirt though some people have complained that Goodwill is "overpriced" I usually will argure with anyone on that but I did think that was a little steep since I was going to destory recycle the shirt into something else so that only took 30 seconds. Plus could I really rip a t-shirt off a mannequin/torso? Maybe if it was say I don't know a Bret Michaels or Kenny Chesney t-shirt but since it was a Halloween t-shirt cute as it was I passed.

 No I didn't get the Caboodle case (if you're wondering) which was cheaper $2.99. Should have but I couldn't find a real logical use for it and I'm sure I'll come across another one someday you never know.

What did I get at Goodwill? Are you wondering? Check it out:



First up is that cool tall shot glass from Jimmy Buffet's in Keywest Florida. I Love Jimmy Buffet and I thought it would make a fun vase. I got two rubber stamps one of a dragon (pictured to the right) for .99 cents (for both). Yes something that usually can cost probably around 10 bucks at Michaels and Hobby Lobby only .99 cents a steal!  A cute magnet for my fridge, the little pumpkin basket was my only Halloween score it reminds me of the one mom has, and the mini crate is a vintage Pepsi one = cute, it'll go into the studio for sure.

Total cost: $8.00 and some change. I figure it's a good shopping day at Goodwill if I stay under $10.00.

I really wanted to take a picture of the t-shirt that got away but there was a guy who it seemed couldn't tear himself away from an organ that was for sale. Oh well.

Have a great weekend and next week I'll have pictures of my Halloween decorating you don't want to miss it!

Comments

Popular Posts