Pretty pumpkins

I always try to take a different approach with my pumpkins. I'll admit I am not an awesome pumpkin craver by any means. But of course hand me paints and I'm golden. This year, I picked up two I guess they call them pie pumpkins? To decorate (there's still time I may get another to decor). I saw this on I ♥ to create's website last year and I wanted to give it a try.

First you paint your pumpkins white which I forgot to up load a picture to Flickr but I do have the pumpkins before they're (so just pretend they're white ok? ok):



Followed by a pastel coat of paint:



I just added white to paint I already have.

Next I bought some tulip paints to add funky designs:






The downfalls: I didn't get the brand of Tulip paints the instructions called for :-/ (because I went to Wal-Mart instead of Michaels) and I had some issues with the paint dripping and I had to let it dry in between rows. Also the instructions suggested using toothpicks to do some scratching, I couldn't do that either. For the reason my pumpkins had a glossy shine to them so when I went to scratch the paint came off. That's why I also had issues with getting the paint to stay on the pumpkins. I could see doing these again next year but using the correct materials and a different pumpkins.

I just did finish these Tuesday so I went and got another pumpkin to paint from another idea from I ♥ to create and I'll finish it in time :) I'll be sharing it soon!!

Comments

Popular Posts