Anixous

Today is a big day.

Not only is it my 10 year high school reunion (Again WOW). But today I am doing a photo shoot of my friend Shelli's girls Emma and Izzy whom I've mentioned on this blog before.

I haven't done an actual photo shoot in 2 years when I took pictures of my friend Becki's girls. Between that time it's been mostly nature type photos, playgrounds, and my personal fav the wire jungle. It's also a paying gig. I had put out there on Facebook recently that I wanted to do a photo shoot you know purely for practice and fun just to get a feel for things. I had no idea I get a great response that I did or that my friends (who are awesome by the way) we're willing to pay for my time.

I've been doing an independent type study of photography with a book I have by Tom Ang called Digital Photography Master Class Advanced Photogrpahic and image manipulation techniques for creating perfect pictures. The book is really cool it's jammed packed full of information plus and the end of each chapter there is an assignment like an actual class. Bonus I can pace myself and not have the stress of an actual classroom setting. Eventually I would like to go back to school but for now this works.

Back to my reunion. I still can't get over that it's been 10 years since I've been in high school. My high school years were good better than Jr. High (or middle school) years. My sophmore year was a bit rough to start but got better. I was in band, art club, and student orientation staff. Neither one of my parents went to any of their reunions. I've tried to convince dad to go to his with no avail. Mom said her high school years "sucked" okay maybe she didn't say sucked but you get the idea.

Sometimes it seems like it was yesterday that I was 18 and a brat to boot. Really some may find it hard to believe that I was a brat but I was. It wasn't until a year almost a year later I went to college, I grew up a bit sometimes I was still a brat. The last 10 years have been a roller coaster for yours truly.

I graduated with a pretty big class around 300 or so. I knew most of them since I was in band, we were band geeks together, a lot I knew from Jr. High and some I went to grade school with. I've reconnected with a ton of them on Facebook too. I know not everyone will be there but it'll be nice to see the ones who were able to make it.

Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular Posts