14:59

Andy Warhol once said that everyone would be famous for 15 minutes. You hear that phrase a lot today seems kind of true in a way.

For me my 15 minutes (okay 1 year and 2 months) is coming to an end. My bench and the other 29 came down Thursday. In that instant I realized it's almost over. In two weeks from today the benches will up for auction and be sold then taken who knows where. After this is over I go back to being me.

I hadn't realized they were coming down so quickly. Okay lie I knew around the end of July but when I noticed one being taken down I drove to where my bench made her home for the last 2 months and realized she was gone. It took them at least 2-3 days to put the benches up. I haven't gotten her back to do her much needed repairs yet. My bench is like my child in a way. She started out as a simple sketch then she became a 4 x 5 foot reality. She was my claim to fame and made me like a real true artist.

You can check out the article from my local paper here

You're probably wondering what's next? I wish I knew. It's a fear of the unknown for me how do you top the bench? I guess just take it one day at a time. But let me tell you it was fantastic ride.

Comments

Popular Posts