28 candles


Good Grief I'm 28. I know what you're going to say. "You're still young" Please. In 2 years (TWO!!) I'll be 30 (YIKES), Of course truth be known I feel a lot older than my actual age because I've had to grow up fast. My whole life has been like that. I joke that I'm actually instead going 30 it feels likes 40.

And there's "The dreaded birthday curse" Where bad things happen on my birthday making the day not so happy. I'm not exaggerating here or being dramatic. Okay last year was a good birthday granted but rarely that happens. This year I have to work, come home sleep, get up for a staff meeting, then go home sleep some more and then go to work by then my birthday's over. Celebrating will be have to be another day and I'm okay with that.

But I miss that person that used to make a big stink over her birthday (ME) it was like a national holiday in my eyes. I used to take work off because I felt it was WRONG to work your birthday. However after I got to a certain age I had to plan and try to throw my own birthday parties my parents were cool with that. I know you're thinking that's totally wrong but that's how I liked it. Now I'm that age where it's just another day. Where did this person come from??? I do have some plans just to get my 2nd tattoo Friday other than that I don't want anyone to go through the trouble my gift list is short here is what I want:

Personalized plates for my car (getting May 3rd!)

Swimmy pet frogs for my apartment

A new tattoo (Friday! That's my present to myself)

My free coffee from Starbucks (waiting for that to come in the mail!)

Oh and have my Facebook page blown up with birthday greetings.

That's it. I'm not trying to sound bitter or anything it's just after so long of holding out for that magical special birthday you see on TV or in the movies you give up hope on it and take what you can get and be greatful. I will have a full report though of anything interesting that may happen today.

So as they say in Hawaii Hau'oli La Hanau (Happy Birthday) to me!

PS. I set the post to be a true actual b-day post of the time I came screaming into this world at 8:19am :)

Comments

Popular Posts