Shane + Jeffree collab broke the Internet

Today I am bringing back Sunday thoughts! Once in awhile I will post my thoughts and opinions on random things in life.

Just as my title says: Shane and Jeffree broke the Internet. I'm not kidding.

If you're like me, you have been watching the new Shane Dawson series The Beautiful World of Jeffree Star on You Tube for the past month. A little back story: I got into Shane Dawson when he started being the "Dr. Phil" of the You Tube world helping other You Tubers out with life/etc. He started with Grav3yard Girl and did a series with Jeffree too. That's how I fell into a rabbit hole and started purchasing make up from Jeffree Star cosmetics.

The new series chronicles Shane dipping his toe into the beauty world by creating his own palette which Jeffree basically is pulling back the curtain on the "secrets" of the beauty world. I have been watching the series because I adore Shane and Jeffree both, plus I want to learn more about the beauty world. Mostly the behind the scenes stuff you know choosing the palettes, naming them, packing etc. Before the palette was released they released some Shane merchandise via Killer Merch which EVERYTHING SOLD OUT!! Not going to lie I did want a pig hoodie (after all that is my Chinese astrology sign) that should have been an indicator of how the palette launch was going to go. Holy Shizz.



Jump to Launch Day November 1st Noon my time (10am PST). I go onto Jeffree Star cosmetics and the website CRASHED!!!! I should have screen shot it but I could not do anything. I managed to snag (at the time) Andrew (Shane's cute camera guy) lip shade Are you filming? and Shane's gloss appropriately named Shane Glossin' but the site was still having issues not everything was pulling up including the mini controversy palette that I had my eye on along with the cute pig side bag. Jeffree finally announced that things were not working and they were trying to get things back up.

I finally gave up after the site kept crashing. I was frustrated rightfully so but I wasn't going to bitch about it online it's not my style. But other people were I did try going onto Beauty Lish and even Morphie but even they were sold out too. Here's the thing: I am happy Shane sold out of almost EVERYTHING but don't take it out on him or Jeffree on something they can't control because everyone and their mother went ape shit on release day. When I got up later this evening I hopped back onto the site and both my two lip products were sold out *sigh* but I did get the mini controversy palette (that was a win for me) and the site was working fine by then.

Earlier this month, I tried to get my hands on another mystery box from JSC a Halloween version but it SOLD OUT fast too I tried to check out and my stuff was gone just like that. Erst Wilder is the same way but again am I frustrated? Sure but not to throw a hissy about it.

Stay tuned for a review from at least the mini controversy palette when I get it and then once there is a restock, I will share the rest! :)

Couldn't be happier for Shane truly!

Miss Mag Nificent

Comments

Popular Posts